One of the more daunting activities of daily life that a person with disabilities faces is that of taking a bath. This is where shower chairs or Tub chairs play an essential role.
For someone without disabilities, this is certainly not an area of concern. However, the bathroom is dangerous for a person with mobility issues.
Hundreds of people are injured in the bathroom each year, and the disabled are at a higher risk of slipping or falling and breaking a bone. For heavy people, we recommend Bariatric shower chairs.
Best Shower Chair Reviews
1. Medical Tool-Free Assembly Spa Bathtub Adjustable Shower Chair with Back
⭐ Best Overall
- SIT, SHOWER & RELAX– Shower chair allows individuals i.e. seniors/elderly or anyone with limited mobility or injury to sit during shower. Create a relaxing shower experience; allows fall risk individuals to shower independently.
- DURABLE & SECURE – NEW model shower chair is now made with heavy-duty anodized aluminum frame with a weight capacity of 300lbs. The user manual printout shows a 250lbs max weight capacity. Product has been updated in 2022 to 300lbs. Aluminum frame is lightweight, durable and sturdy. Its unique angled legs with non-skid rubber tips allow users’ weight to be distributed over a larger area making the shower chair ultra-safe and stable.
- COMFORTABLE: WIDE SEAT WITH SMALL DRAINAGE HOLES – NEW design brings increased comfort with a wide (19.5"W x 12"D) contoured, high-density, polyethylene seat (compare to competitors’ 17.5"W x 10.5"D). Unique drainage holes on the seat allow water to be drained effectively thereby reducing the risk of slippage. Ultra-small drainage holes also improve the overall seating experience and reduce slip-through items.
- VERSATILE & EASY TO USE- Removable back support and height adjustable legs allow users to customize chair based on specific preferences. Tool free assembly. Easy to assemble and use.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & PORTABLE – Weighs 4 lbs (without back support) and 6 lbs (with back support). Comes with built-in side handles to easily lift or move the chair.
This shower seat offers a solution to any disabled or senior looking forward to taking a shower. It is constructed with an ionized aluminium frame and fixed with non-skid rubber tips, which help keep the chair firm on the ground.
The seat is purposely contoured to hold the sitter in place. It’s also made of polystyrene, which contains anti-bacterial material which provides good hygiene for the individuals using the seat.
The drainage holes allow water to drain, eliminating any chances of slipping off the shower seat. If you purchase this seat, you don’t need any tools to assemble it.
Features & Specifications
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs.
- Heavy-duty anodized aluminum frame supports up to 300lbs
- Height adjustable
- Ergonomic handles on the seat
- Micro drainage holes
- Removable Back Width:15.5″
- 19” * 12″ Large seat surface
- The seat is corrosion-proof
- Its wide contoured anti-bacterial polystyrene seat brings increased comfort to the user.
- The rubber feet make it sturdy and firm
- Not recommended for heavier users
2. Dr. Kay’s Adjustable Height Bath and Shower Chair
⭐ Best Low Cost
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND EXCEPTIONALLY STABLE: Don't sacrifice your comfort for safety when you can easily have them both with Dr. Kay's Adjustable Height Shower Seat. Weighs only 4 lbs but can hold 250 lbs.
- OUR MAXIMUM HEIGHT IS A FULL 2-INCHES HIGHER: Some of our closest competitors make a similar product, but they skimp on the height - which could leave you struggling. Adjusts from 12.5" to 18.5".
- FITS EVEN IN SMALL TUBS AND SHOWERS: The ample anti-slip platform and wide base give this stool maximum stability while the non-slip rubber feet ensure the bench won't slip out from under you.
- YOU DON'T NEED ANY TOOLS TO ASSEMBLE: The seat is molded from heavy duty anodized aluminum that is resistant to corrosion and rust. You'll be able to count on this bench for many years to come.
- EASILY LIFTS WITH BUILT-IN SIDE HANDLES: We want this seat to help make your life easier, so we made it unbelievably lightweight, stable and strong. Tall or short, you'll be able to adjust it to the height that best suits you.
Dr. Kay’s shower chair is all about stability and strength. It’s made from heavy-duty anodized aluminum, and the wide contoured area holds up to 250 pounds. The material used is water-resistant, i.e., rustproof. The seat weighs only 4 pounds.
It’s easy to assemble it; no tools are required. To increase its stability, two braces connect the four legs. The seat has side handles which make it easy to move around. The anti-slip rubber grips and a broad base make it firm on a slippery surface.
You can adjust the seat between 12.5″ and 18.5″ for a higher height if needed. If the legs stand gets wobbly, check if the screws are correctly tightened.
Features & Specifications
- Anti-slip rubber grips
- Ergonomic handles for easy movement
- Created with tough, water-resistant material
- weighs only 4 pounds
- easily holds up to 250lbs
- Easy to assemble and adjust
- Sturdy when assembled correctly
- Small and can be used in the bathtub
- It’s not ok to stand on the stool
- No back support
3. Ez2care Adjustable Lightweight Shower Bench, White (18 inches)
⭐ Best Runner Up
- Anti-slip seat surface with drainage holes provides excellent sitting experience.
- Slip resistant rubber safety tips ensure safety while in use.
- Adjustable seat height from 12.5 to 18.5 inch accommodates most users' needs.
- Heavy duty anodized aluminum legs are corrosion resistant
- Support weight up to 250 pounds, Fits effectively with almost any bath mat and has easy tool-free assembly. Perfect for small size bathtub.
This shower stool comes in a simple, innovative, and safe design. Its ideal users are the injured or disabled and for personal grooming or taking a bath. The manufacturer states that this design puts users’ needs first.
The design features a broad curved design for sitting. The surface is perforated to enable water to drain off quickly. Side handles on the seat are for assisting the user to stand and move the chair to another location.
The aluminum frame is anodized, meaning it is corrosion resistant making it durable. Stands are fitted with rubber to reduce slipping while in the shower. The adjustable legs can extend from 12.5″ to 18.”
Features & Specifications
- It comes with an anti-slip seat surface with drainage holes
- Slip-resistant rubber safety tips ensure safety while in use
- Adjustable seat height from 12.5 to 18.5 inches accommodates most users’ needs.
- Heavy-duty anodized aluminum legs are corrosion resistant
- Support weight up to 250 pounds.
- Easy to assemble
- Lightweight making it easy to move around
- It can easily fit in the bathtub
- Side handles make it easy to sit and stand
- Not suitable for standing on
- The maximum load it can handle is 250lb
4. Drive Medical Premium Series Shower Chair with Back and Arms
⭐ Best Handicap Shower Chair
- Bathroom Bench: Designed to fit just about any style of bathtub, our tub bench for bathroom is exceptionally easy to install without tools
- Quality Construction: The ultimate handicap shower accessories for daily living, our tub chair for elderly, disabled, and injured individuals is made of durable plastic.Do not use an abrasive cleaner
- Adjustable: Designed to fit your unique needs, our adjustable stool has legs that can be adjusted in 0.5-inch increments
- Secure and Scratchproof: Our bath seat for bathtubs and showers comes equipped with suction-style tips on the legs, providing stability and drainage holes that reduce slipping
- Dimensions: Width: 21.75 inch; Height: 16 inch to 20.5 inch; Weight Capacity: 350 lbs
One of the main features of this shower seat is the back and armrest, making it the ultimate shower bench in mobility self-empowerment.
We all understand the problems the seniors have while taking a shower. This chair guarantees a comfortable shower experience.
The large seat can accommodate people of different shapes and sizes. A non-slip rubber grip complements its large stable legs. Height adjustment is also possible in 0.5″ increments with visual indicators making this process easy.
The maximum weight recommended is 350lbs.
Features & Specifications
- Tool-Free removal of back, legs, and arms for easy storage and portability
- Has rear and armrest for extra comfort
- Large stable portions that can support up to 350lbs
- Non-slip rubber grip to avoid falling
- Easy to move around
- The rubber feet make it firm and sturdy
- The Drive Safety Shower Chair is strong, durable, and dependable
- Very many negative reviews on amazon
5. Moen Adjustable Height Non-Slip Bath Safety Transfer Bench
⭐ Best for Bath Tub Transfer
- SAFETY FIRST: Bathroom accessories to lend a helping hand when you need it
- 16.5" to 21" adjustable height fits a variety of tub and shower styles
- Seat measures 33" wide x 18" deep
- Supports up to 400 lbs.
- Non-slip seat surface with built in drainage system
Do you need assistance in getting in and out of the tub? This transfer bench with an adjustable backrest is exactly what you need.
The reversible bench ensures that the user easily slides in and out of the bathtub or shower with minimum effort. The extended legs are fitted with extra-large suction cups that hold them into place on the chair.
A blown plastic A-frame is used to construct the shower transfer bench. Its dual column extension legs are adjustable in 5″ increments. A pinch-free lever allows the push pins to be depressed without accidentally squeezing fingers.
Features & Specifications
- Reversible transfer bench for entering and exiting the bathtub
- Extra-large non-slip suction cups for extra stability
- Tool-free assembly of back, legs, and arms for seamless bath installation
- Height-adjustable legs to fit most bathtubs
- Holds up to 400lbs
- Ideal for people who need help getting into the bathtub
- Height can be adjusted in 0.5″ increments
6. Drive Medical Folding Universal Sliding Transfer Bench
⭐ Best Sliding Shower Chair
- Sliding Shower Transfer Bench: Shower chair slides left and right along the frame to assist users in getting in and out of the tub
- Easy to Use: Simply place the shower and tub transfer bench in the shower area; versatile shower seat is reversible to accommodate both left and right entry into tub
- Safety Features: The bathub transfer bench includes a safety belt, removable soap dish, and a safety net to catch dropped personal items and prevent bending
- Specifications: 18.5 inches in depth x 22.5 inches in width x 21-25 inches in height; overall length: 42 inches; maximum recommended weight: 300 lbs
Features & Specifications
7. Swiveling and Sliding Bathtub Transfer Bench and Shower Chair
⭐ Best Swivel Shower Chair
- SAFE & RELIABLE: Our innovative Swivel Sliding Transfer Bench (77662) by Eagle Health Supplies makes getting into and out of the bathtub easier, safer, and will give you or your loved ones a sense of confidence, safety, and steadiness in the bathroom. It can give you the independence and dignity to bathe yourself without assistance. Or it can help you or caregivers assist your loved ones in the bathroom.
- INNOVATIVE & CONVENIENT: Easily swivel and glide into the bathtub or shower without having to scoot across the seat like a conventional transfer bench. And our swivel sliding bench can help you save money by costing thousands $$$ less than installing an expensive walk-in bathtub or shower. Includes adjustable safety belt. This bench can be assembled to face either the right or the left (with the side panel with handlebar installed on either the right or left side of the bench).
- SWIVEL SEAT: Our swivel seat turns 360° and locks every 90°. SLIDING: Seat glides over durable, polished aluminum-tube sliding rails. LOCKS SECURELY: Seat locks at each end of the sliding rails. COMFORTABLE FIT: Comfortable molded plastic seat and back with textured finish and seat drainage holes. STRONG: Built with rust-proof, lightweight, high-strength aluminum frame. EASY TO ASSEMBLE: No tools required. HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE: To fit the user and tub clearance. HIGH WEIGHT CAPACITY (400 lbs)
- SPECIFICATIONS: Seat Size: 17.75" x 14.75". Seat Height: 18.75" - 23". Base Length: 39" - 40" (Regular) (From outside-leg tip to outside-leg tip). Base Depth: 18.5" - 20.5". Max Tub Clearance: 18.5". Back Height from Floor: 32.5" - 36.75". Sliding Distance: 19". Weight Capacity: 400 lbs. LONGER LENGTHS AVAILABLE: #77682 (Base Length 43"-44"), and #77692 (Base Length 48"-49").
- Please measure your bathroom and bathtub carefully to make sure this product will fit your specific needs. This is a non-returnable hygiene item and cannot be returned once opened. OPTIONAL ARMREST AVAILABLE: #75003 (Single) - (NOTE: Armrests are not designed to bear body weight. They are only intended to rest your hands or arms on).
Features & Specifications
8. HEALTHLINE Shower Bedside Commode Chair Padded Seat
⭐ Best Shower Chair with Wheels
- DURABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT Shower commode chair is made from aluminum, which is durable and lightweight. Easy to assemble.
- ROLLING COMMODE. All 4 wheels come standard with locking brakes. Thanks to durable large wheels, the shower chair moves easily over carpets, bathroom and different types of flooring.
- EXTRA COMFORT This medical shower chair with arms comes with a convenient footrest for added comfort. The armrests are padded for added comfort and are height adjustable.
- MULTIPLE USES This medical bedside commode works, fits over a standard toilet. This shower chair with wheels enables you to perform multiple transfers.
- PADDED BACKREST AND SEAT Both commode seat and back are waterproof and fully padded, and are made of vinyl material that is easy to clean it allows for longer showering time. Comes with a removable commode bucket and lid.
Features & Specifications
9. EagleHealth Bariatric Shower Chair
⭐ Best Bariatric Shower Chair
- Bariatric Shower Chair (72621) makes using shower easier, safer. Gives independence. Helps caregivers
- Comfortable, extra-wide seat. High Weight Capacity (500lbs). Easy to assemble: No tools needed.
- Lightweight, rust-proof, strong aluminum frame. Height adjustable to fit the user.
- See specs below. Note: This Bariatric Shower Chair will not fit in a normal-size bathtub.
- This Hygiene Product is NON-RETURNABLE once opened. Please measure your bathroom carefully.
Features & Specifications
10. Drive Medical Deluxe Folding Bath Bench
⭐ Best Folding Shower Chair
- Folding Shower Bench: Compact and foldable, the folding tub bench provides support for bathing and stores with ease
- Quality Construction: The ultimate shower accessory for daily living, our tub chair for elderly, disabled, and injured individuals is made of durable aluminum
- Folding Design: Adjustable shower stool folds without tools and can be stored or transported with ease
- Secure and Scratchproof: Our folding bath seat for bathtubs and showers comes equipped with suction-style tips on the legs, providing stability and drainage holes that reduce slipping
- Dimensions: Width: 19.25 inch; Height: 17.5 inch to 18.5 inch; Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
Features & Specifications
11. Health Line Massage Products Shower Stool
⭐ Best Small Shower Chair
- ❤️Adjustable Stool for Smaller Tubs and Bathrooms: This FDA certificated stool can be adjusted from 13.5 inch to 18.5 inch, fits all bathrooms - especially for smaller or narrower tubs.
- ❤️Heavy Duty Mechanical Structrue: With obtuse angle legs &: heavy-duty anodized aluminum frame and large suction cup, our stool can supports upto 350 lbs. Also reduce 90% shaking, totally no bending, no slipping to provide stablity and sturdiness.
- ❤️Tool-Free Assembly & Easy to Use: Easily assembles in minutes, no tool required. Only 7 lbs, with built-in handle, this stool is lightweight and portable for entering or exiting the bathtub.
- ❤️Soft & Durable Paded Seat: With detachable 6mm-thickness cushion, much more comfortable when paded on, and easy to clean when taken off. Textured molded seat with drainage holes prevent slipping and allow water to drain.
- ❤️One Suction Grab Bar Included: Comes a 12 inch shower handle, attractive design. Easy to install or remove, no tools required, the handle provides assistance & added safety.
Why Should The Elderly Use a Shower Chair?
Slipping in the bathroom while showering; has been seen as one of the most common residential accidents. Slippery surfaces in the bathroom can be a hazard for anyone, even the fitted or the sure-footed person.
However, the risk of such slipping accidents can increase even more if you are bound with your age or have a physical injury or disability.
Fortunately, things such as shower chairs can help you avoid such perils. But often, people ask and ponder over whether it is suitable to use a shower chair? Here are the answers to your questions:
You can naturally lose your strength, especially in the context of senior citizens or those suffering from specific ailments, injuries, or physical disabilities. However, showering can become independent, private, and confident if you use a shower chair.
Of course, standing in the shower even for some time can be tiring for those mentioned above. But using a shower chair can make things simpler and more comfortable for senior citizens and physically challenged or those suffering from injuries and ailments.
The most significant reason for using the shower chair can be its safety. It does not “compel” you to stand longer in the showers and increases your risk of slipping. While sitting on the shower chair, you can scrub your feet easily without worrying about losing balance and falling because of the wet floor. Besides, you can bathe very easily and safely. You can easily and safely shower for a long time too.
3. For personal dignity
This goes especially for the senior citizens. People might find it awkward to be bathed by someone else. If you are some of them, using the shower chair can be a good option. You can always use the shower chair for your personal dignity and confidence. These chairs are not just safe and comfortable but are also very good for you if you want to bathe on your own without anyone else entering your bathroom.
Buying a shower chair can be a wise decision. It can appear to be a specific device but offers a range of benefits. This can be used by one and all and can help you get all the advantages mentioned above. In case you feel embarrassed to use a shower chair, you can always use the folding chairs and keep them neatly somewhere else when not in use! It can make a lot of difference in your life.
Different types of shower chair
Due to the slippery surfaces, falls in the bathroom can lead to severe injuries. The slip in the bathroom can occur to anyone, but primarily the elders above the age of 65, and the people with disabilities are more prone to such accidents. There are different styles or types of shower chairs available in the market, and you can buy the one as per your needs and requirements. The kinds of shower chairs that are available to you include:
1. Shower Stools
This is the most cost-effective approach to keeping your bathroom safe for those you love. Whether for the disabled or the elders, shower stools can be suitable for anyone.
These kinds of shower chairs can provide stability in wet areas. It can be suitable and convenient for caregivers. The shower stools allow easy transport of seniors or the disabled in and out of the showers. They can be good and cheap options for lightweight maneuverability. They are made either of aluminum or plastic.
2. Shower Benches
The next kinds of shower chairs are shower benches. These are perfect for people who have a larger size. They can be easily bought from the medical store. They have a larger area for sitting and have backrest assistance too. There can be portable options in this kind of shower chair.
A lot of shower benches are made up of water-resistant materials. They also have suction cups that avoid slipping. These can also be adjusted according to the height.
3. Customized Shower Chair
This is a bit different kind of shower chair because it can be customized by adopting the best features of all kinds. They can come in varied sizes and have water-resistance material, suction cups, backrests, etc. Some of these models are also made on special orders.
Some of these kinds of shower chairs also have swivel seats which enable people to move freely and enjoy bathing. They can prevent slipping easily.
4. Mounted/ Portable Shower Chair
The last kind of shower chair is the mounted one. As the name suggests, this kind of shower chair is installed or mounted permanently in some bathroom areas.
They can provide a stable area for anyone, leave alone elders or the disabled. There are also portable shower chairs that can be easily used even while traveling.
Tips for choosing the shower chair
A shower chair is usually bought by people who have specific needs. However, a lot of people can otherwise also use these chairs. But there are always certain tips that should be followed before choosing the shower chair.
1. Should meet your needs
There is no point in buying a shower chair if it does not meet your needs. The chair must fulfill your purpose of buying it. Therefore, it is essential to buy the chair to meet specific requirements, lest it waste. There is obviously no point in buying a chair that is just another piece of furniture in your home.
2. Consider the design of the shower
The shower design will also be a significant factor to be determined when choosing the shower chair. You can actually choose any kind of shower chair you like, but it will be worthless if it is not suitable for the shower in your bathroom. For example, a rolling shower chair might be what you like, but what if the design of the shower is not suitable for you? Therefore choosing the chair as per the design is very important.
3. Consider the size of your shower
The size at which the shower is installed is another important factor that should be considered. It is important to choose the shower chair as per the size of the shower. It has to be by the size of the shower because it has to be used in the shower, which is why it is called a shower chair. Therefore, make sure that proper measurements are taken. Also, the user’s weight is an important thing to be considered.
4. Check online
Finally, an important tip for choosing the shower chair per your requirements is to check online. The Internet can help you in making the right choice. You will always be able to choose the best quality shower chair if you check online. Besides, you also get a range of designs as well as sizes in the online market, and the deals can make your task simpler.
Before choosing the shower chair, all these tips should always be kept in mind. Most of all, it should be as per your requirements because otherwise, it is a wasteful expense. Only if it is as per your requirements and satisfies your needs, a shower chair can be a useful expense for your bathroom as well as for the user.
How to Use a Shower Chair
Whether you are buying a shower chair for your own use or are a carer or family member looking after an elderly person, it’s important to be aware of the various steps to using a shower chair safely.
For older adults who live alone, bath and shower time can be a worrying and challenging experience. However, by using a chair in the bath or shower cubicle, the risk of accidents and injury can be significantly reduced.
Even when two people are present during the cleaning process, there are still various dangers related to slipping and tripping, even with the benefit of a chair.
The following advice is intended for elderly owners of shower chairs and those who might be on hand during the procedures and will shine a light on things to consider to ensure everything goes smoothly.
Preparation for a Shower
Before you even use the shower chair for elderly people, it’s vital to prepare the bathroom so that it is fit for use. This means, amongst other things, making sure the floor is dry so that no one slips over and is badly injured.
Bath towels should be placed in easy-to-reach locations, as should soaps, shampoos, body scrubbers, sponges, and other bathroom accessories used in regular cleaning sessions. The shower chair should also be positioned close to the shower or bath, ready to use.
If you’re an older adult living alone, it will be sensible to phone a family member or friend before showering. This will make someone aware of what you’re doing and thus able to call you back half an hour to an hour later (depending on your choice of time) to make sure you completed the shower safely and without incident.
Secure the chair in place
There are a few different types of shower chairs for older people, and these vary whether they fit in a bath, shower cubicle, or both. Place the chair in the bath or shower stall and ensure it is on a flat surface, secure, and does not wobble.
Lock any wheels if applicable. Try to slide the shower chair around. It should not move if the rubber-tipped legs are doing their job correctly. Finally, make any final adjustments, such as the seat’s height and the width of the arm span.
Entering and Exiting the Shower
The most dangerous and exhausting aspect of showering when you’re elderly and infirm is getting into and out of the shower. If you are bathing alone, it’s essential to transfer slowly and carefully into and out of the shower.
One of the best items of equipment you can use to help you with this process is a transfer bench. This item is a longer form of the standard shower chair with one end open, allowing the person to maneuver into and out of a bathtub or stall gently.
When showering is complete, the primary focus should be on drying yourself off as quickly as possible and moving to a warmer and drier location. That said, it is necessary, once again, not to rush and thereby risk injury. In many ways, taking things slowly and carefully is the fastest way to accomplish a task.
If possible, it is generally sensible to towel dry in the shower before exiting the stall or bath. This will mean your hands and body will have a better grip for holding onto handrails and handles.
Added Safety Features
Some shower chairs for the elderly come with safety belts that can be fixed to prevent the person in the chair from falling out.
Depending on your physical condition or that of your elderly family member, this feature will be something to look out for when purchasing a shower chair for older people in the first place. As well as this, chairs will also come with handles and footrests, plus a whole host of possible additions depending on one’s requirements.
When the cleaning process has been completed, several things to do to ensure the chair is ready for the next shower. Good hygiene is a vital ingredient in bathroom furniture, and this is especially important when it concerns the health of older adults and young children.
Make sure the chair is washed thoroughly after each use. You can do this by rinsing it in the shower or bathtub and wiping it down as you would other bathroom fixtures. Please leave it to dry and then store it in a storage area or leave it next to the shower, ready for use again.
What Are The Materials Used On A Shower Chair
The material used in the construction of shower chairs also varies but only slightly. As one might expect, the chairs need to be waterproof, robust, and without sharp edges; thus, strengthened plastic is the norm.
Some other more eye-catching options are different of an aesthetic nature, including a teak shower bench. All chair legs are metal and, as mentioned previously, have rubber feet in the form of suction cups or similar.
Most shower chairs also come with handles or bars that allow extra places to grip the hands when getting into or out of the shower. The vast majority of seats also have holes or multiple holes to allow water to drain away and prevent build-up.
Who needs these shower chairs?
Before buying, understand a person’s weight issue and condition properly. Some families have to take good care of older adults with bariatric problems. Others suffer from obesity and have to take care of themselves. If caring for an elderly or a young person with this condition, pay a visit to their doctor.
Request the doctor to recommend the best bathroom chair. Maybe a friend, relative, or even a neighbor uses this item and seems to have a similar condition. Approach them and request referrals.
What are the best height and weight limits?
A shower bench chair that allows a high weight limit is indeed appropriate. A hardwearing seat with a limit of five hundred pounds as a minimum is the most excellent.
If a family has more than one overweight person, they can all share a typical seat. However, it has to have an adjustable height option. Do not trust anything below this limit to offer maximum security.
Should one consider quality more than price?
Most people will recommend going for the quality of the chairs and not their prices. A suitable bariatric shower chair must-have features such as a side handle, an expansive sitting area, matchless construction materials, and craft.
What is the maximum weight capacity for most handicapped shower chairs?
Most handicap shower chairs can hold anyone from 250-to 300 lbs. There are, however, heavy-duty models that will hold a person up to 400lbs.
What are some of the features/accessories available in a bath and shower chair?
Many features and accessories are available in today’s shower chairs—options such as shower seat handles, bench extenders, cushions, and heavy-duty aluminum legs.
[su_note note_color=”#f0f0e8″]As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Participation in these programs helps us keep the lights on at footdiagnosis.com and in no way impacts our research process or editorial opinions.[/su_note]